Back to gallery

Home Gallery Post Office underground station (c.1927)

Post Office underground station (c.1927)

This paper map shows the underground railways of London, with different colours for each line.

When the Central London Railway (CLR) line opened on 30 July 1900, St Paul’s station was called ‘Post Office’, after the headquarters of the General Post Office on nearby St Martin's Le Grand. The name was changed to St Paul’s in 1937.