Back to gallery

Home Gallery Mobile post office and tractor (trailer: 1937, tractor: 1954)

Mobile post office and tractor (trailer: 1937, tractor: 1954)

Following the success of the original mobile post office trailer, GPO1, a second one, GPO2, named after its licence plate, was introduced in 1937. Both vehicles featured full mobile post office counter facilities, making them ideal for working at temporary sites such as shows and race meetings.

During the Second World War, both vehicles were transferred to war service. First used as mobile recruitment offices, they were later used as emergency wireless receiving and transmitting stations.